Well, today's reflection is on "What Have I Given Today?"
I must say, that while I did not and cannot give as much as I receive (after all, there is only one of me and myriads of beings I receive from!) I was pleasantly surprised to find that I gave quite freely -- at least today!
1. I fed the chickens, the cats, and the baby today.
2. I taught a class at Tucson Yoga.
3. I tipped the barista at Epic.
4. I gave $1.00 to a homeless man on 4th Ave.
5. I did my parents' laundry.
6. I bought a pizza for two friends who came over our house for a spontaneous 'hang-out.'
7. I bought Giovanna a little swing-chair.
8. I sent a check to one of my favorite charities.
Remember, in contemplating and reviewing what we give, the motivation is irrelevant. Of course the barista is expected to be tipped in our society. That doesn't change the fact that I gave it to her, and that's all that's necessary to qualify as "something I gave today."
How'd you all do?
poep sa frank jude